|Date Added||7th June 2019|
|Contract Type||Shift Work|
|Sector||Warehouse & Distribution|
Reports to Site Manager – Walker Park Distribution Centre
To be responsible for providing the day to day operational engineering support, in relation to building, premises, grounds and maintenance of equipment. Developing and implementing best practice and effective policy, ensuring the engineering team complies with all current engineering legislation including Acts, Regulations, CDM and official guidance and standards.
To perform maintenance and repairs on all aspects of the facility including, but not limited to automation, conveyors, forklifts, industrial batteries, building electrical up to 415VAC, plumbing, basic carpentry, and general building maintenance. Coordinate and prioritise routine and preventative maintenance requirements using CMMS to minimise operational downtime and to meet specific timelines.
Act as a mentor to team members (including apprentices) within the reporting line by proactively contributing to their professional development. To be delivered through sharing experience and expertise and making use of training plans and personal development plans to monitor progress.
Liaison with Senior Management of the Distribution Centre, to establish and maintain information flow and feedback mechanisms to support operations.
Strategic and Operational
• Identifying an effective maintenance strategy that can be built upon to optimise machinery and plant availability.
• Compare costs for required goods and services to achieve maximum value for money.
• Ensure the building meets health and safety requirements and that the engineering team comply with legislation.
• Supervise and coordinate the work of contractors.
• Provide training for safe operation of Site machinery and systems.
• Checking that agreed work by team or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and follow up on any deficiencies.
• Coordinate and lead the engineering team to cover their areas of responsibility.
• Respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they rise and deal proactively with any further action required.
• Keep up to date with all current and pending laws and legislation that proves appropriate to the organisation.
• Plan and direct the testing, installation, maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment.
• Perform preventative and reactive maintenance & repairs on all facility equipment including; Conveyors, forklifts, industrial batteries, carton sealers, dock levellers and dock doors, shrink-wrap machines, printers, HVAC equipment, building plumbing & electrical, etc.
• Routine maintenance tasks
• Inspection, test and checks for all equipment required by statutory legislation
• Reporting, communicating and strives to improve/exceed daily KPI targets for the team.
• To work accurately and efficiently achieving productivity targets
• Effectively building working relationships across departments
• Procurement for the department
• Assist in the management of contractors on site
• Completion of investigations and tasks as required
• Analyse the various gaps within engineering highlighting the common themes and put together business cases for remedy. • Collate and maintain a computerised maintenance management system.
• Role model Company behavioural goals.
Measure of Success
• Maximise availability of automation and machinery. Operational downtime kept within acceptable limitations
• Best prices and services achieved.
• Maintain pro-active actions.
• Continued legal compliance with all policies and procedures.
• All reports trained and records maintained
• Agreed tasks completed on time.
• Team members allocated tasks appropriately.
• Rapid response to emergencies and minimal downtime
• Monitor updates and communicate in a timely fashion.
• Agreed timelines to be adhered to.
• Maximise productivity and optimise machine efficiency resulting in a reduction in downtime and increased throughput
• Routine maintenance does not hinder operational effectiveness
• KPI targets achieve or exceed specific designated targets. Monthly checks to show Company targets are achieved
• Communication and achievement of daily plan.
• Evidence of best practice shared across departments
• Source and acquire any parts or spares
• Assist with and Enforce Contractor rules on site
• Timely completion of investigations and tasks
• Adhere to SLAs and KPIs.
• Continuous Improvement culture within department.
• CMMS based record keeping/scheduling.
• Respected member of the team.
- Previous experience as Engineeering Team Leader/Supervisor/Manager within a distribution centre or manufacturing Facility.
- Ability to influence, engage and drive at all levels.
- Procurement and negotiating skills.
- Multi skilled engineer time served apprenticeship or equivalent
- Holds a qualification in a related discipline
- Experience of electrical installation and automation
- Experience of mechanical automation and FLT
- Experience of pneumatics and hydraulics
- Experience of facilities management
- Warehouse or manufacturing experience
- Desire to achieve
- Flexible approach to hours worked
- Excellent attitude
- Positive outlook
- Good verbal and written communication skills, numerate including IT proficiency
- Work well under pressure
- Team Player
Customer at the Centre
• Focusing engineering to enable and enhance the productivity of the distribution centre.
Bias for Action – courage, fast decision making.
• Action orientated and embraces ambiguity.
• Establishes and pursues priorities.
• Project manager
One Team with one goal
• Engages in active listening.
• Establishes trust and demonstrates integrity.
• Values creative contention, diversity of opinion.
• Embraces company direction and culture.
• Open to change and learns quickly.
• Champions new ideas and approaches.
• Encourages continuous improvement.
• Problem solving and analysis.
Accountability – Ownership, no excuses
• Takes ownership, makes no excuses.
• Drives for results.
• Exhibits ingenuity and professional maturity in delivering results.
Talent Builder – promote, attract, tough calls
• Establishes direction, mentors and provides constructive feedback.
• Manages with courage, makes tough calls.
If you wish to apply to this role, please contact Colette Mallabourn on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01254 888 611