Are you an experienced Technical / QA Assistant looking for a new challenge?
A rapidly expanding successful group that encompasses all aspects of the meat trade is recruiting Technical / QA Assistants to join the Technical Team at our site in Irlam, Manchester on our day and night shifts.
Our business which is a catering butcher has over 100 years of experience in the meat and farming industries. All products are prepared in the factory daily to each customer's specifications, packaged and labelled to and above legislation, and then delivered directly throughout the UK.
We pride ourselves on being a people-focused business. Our goal is to support our team in achieving their career goals. We do this by providing a working environment that offers opportunity, support, scope, and pace of change.
Our culture is the foundation of our business and is reflected in our mission, vision, and values statements.
The Technical / QA Assistant will be responsible for effectively contributing to the work of the Technical Department, ensuring that effective technical service to the site is maintained and developed.
The post-holder will also be responsible for monitoring the factory quality & food safety systems and for determining that quality, safety, and legality are met at each stage of the process by liaising effectively with all relevant parties in a policing capacity.
The main responsibilities of the Technical / QA Assistant role are:
· Maintaining the food safety system policies and procedures
· HACCP studies
· Document control
· Coordination of internal audits, distributing the results and ensuring all corrective actions are completed
· Collecting micro-samples as per schedule
· Investigations into complaints
· Daily auditing of CCPs
· Daily label checks
· Auditing of processing records
· GMP/fabric audits
· Temperature checks
· Quality checks
The nature of this role requires a flexible approach to working hours.
Core working hours are:
Monday to Friday 07.00 to 16.00, and 1 Saturday in 4 (07.00 to 12.00) or nights Monday to Friday 20.00-06.00.
We welcome applications for these Technical / QA Assistant roles from candidates with the following skills: quality assurance, technical, microbiology, food science, food technology, compliance, health & safety, food safety, HACCP, communication, IT literate, quality standards, organoleptic techniques, and auditing.
· Staff sales
· 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
· Birthday vouchers
· Employee of the Month bonus
· Onsite parking
· It is essential that you have worked a minimum of 2 years in a technical role with a minimum of 1 year of meat industry experience
· Experience with BRC audits
· Verbal and written communication, negotiation, report writing, and computer literacy
· Team contribution and motivational skills
· Knowledge of food legislation, quality & food safety procedures, HACCP microbiological and analytical techniques, and interpretation of results and factory and company procedures, policies, and quality standards
· Understanding of quality, safety, and legality management, manufacturing, and statistical techniques
· An appreciation of quality assurance associated with production and engineering priorities from a broad business perspective